PLACES TO VISIT | MONASTERIES AND CHURCHES

Cartuxa Convent

portuguêsenglishespañol
Cartuxa Convent
Location Estrada Nacional 114
7000- ÉVORA
District:Évora
County :Évora
Parish:Évora (Sé e São Pedro)
Contacts


Cartuxa Convent, situated in the surroundings of Évora city, was built in 1587 by D. Teotónio de Bragança, Évora archbishop, in order to house the religious community of S. Bruno. It is one of the few Portuguese convents to keep its former function as a monastery community and the only one of male Cartuxa Order. This building was founded in the 15th century, constisting of a crossing of several architectural styles: Renaissance, Maneirism, and Baroque. The 100x100m cloister is one of the biggest in Europe.

MORE INFORMATION

Year of construction: XVI Century

If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

Localização Estrada Nacional 114
7000- ÉVORA
Distrito:Évora
County:Évora
Parish:Évora (Sé e São Pedro)
Contactos


If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

OUR CHOICES

See all regions

Follow LifecoolerEng on Twitter