Herdade de Travassos / Estrada Nacional 4 e 255 a 2 Km de Rio de Moinhos
Isolated in a promontory of wild short vegetation over Ossa mountain, this marble column was built in 1655 by Prince Regent D. Pedro. It signs the place where Montes Claros battle was held, decisive for Portugal’s independence. This column comprises a three-stair foundation, a pedestal and a high Tuscany column. In the inside, there are white and black marbles dating back to the second half of the 18th century. It was changed in 2007, mainly in terms of cleaning materials and conservation.
If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office