PLACES TO VISIT | MONASTERIES AND CHURCHES

Santa Clara Church

englishespañol
Santa Clara Church
Location Avenida Gago Coutinho e Sacadura Cabral
2000-129 SANTARÉM
District:Santarém
County :Santarém
Parish:São Salvador
Contacts


Santa Clara Church, built in 1264, belonged to the Convent of Clarissas nuns, originally erected by King D. Afonso III. Only the church has remained from the former convent. However, it is a good example of mendicant Gothic, characterised by its unusual dimensions and decorative simplicity in terms of sculpture. In the inside, you will see the Gothic tomb of Leonor Afonso, daughter of Afonso III, who was the convent’s protector. This church has been deeply restored throughout the 20th century, for it is quite hard to have a notion of its former appearance.

MORE INFORMATION

Responsable: IPPAR - Instituto Português do Património Arquitectónico

Closing days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Holidays

Year of construction: 1269

If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

MORE INFORMATION

Responsable: IPPAR - Instituto Português do Património Arquitectónico

Closing days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Holidays

Year of construction: 1269

If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

Localização Avenida Gago Coutinho e Sacadura Cabral
2000-129 SANTARÉM
Distrito:Santarém
County:Santarém
Parish:São Salvador
Contactos


If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

OUR CHOICES

See all regions

Follow LifecoolerEng on Twitter