Soure is situated next to the meeting point of Arunca, Anços and Ourão rivers, donated by D. Afonso Henriques to Templar Order. This town keeps some vestiges of ancient times, preserving an important historical heritage. Worth highlighting are Neo-Manueline Royal Palace, S. Tiago church, a Gothic temple of 1490, with Mannerism paintings and 16th century Medieval statues, and Misericórdia church with an interesting Visitation painting in the central altarpiece and a 17th century wooden ceiling. A rather peculiar procession is held in S. Mateus Chapel: promises are paid with corncobs stolen along the way to the Chapel. A well-preserved 18th century residential quarter can still be seen in this town.