PLACES TO VISIT | CASTLES AND FORTS

Village Arch in Faro

englishespañol
Village Arch in Faro
Location Praça Dom Francisco Gomes
8000-168 FARO
District:Faro
County :Faro
Parish:
Contacts


It is one of Faro’s highlights, built after the 1755 earthquake by Genovese architect Xavier Fabri in the spot of a former medieval entrance. It separates Manuel Bivar garden from medieval quarter known as Vila-a-Dentro. This arch was officially opened in 1812 bearing the characteristic neoclassic feature. A horseshoe arch can still be seen inside in the right that was a former entrance of the Muslim wall.

MORE INFORMATION

Responsable: Direcção-Geral do Património do Estado

If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

MORE INFORMATION

Responsable: Direcção-Geral do Património do Estado

If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

Localização Praça Dom Francisco Gomes
8000-168 FARO
Distrito:Faro
County:Faro
Parish:
Contactos


If any of the information is incorrect, please send an email to lifecooler office

OUR CHOICES

See all regions

Follow LifecoolerEng on Twitter